VIU Academic Catalog 2014 - 2015
How to search a pdf document:
- Click the Find field on the toolbar
- Enter your search term in the text field, selecting any desired options.
- Click Search.
The catalog is a .pdf document that requires
Adobe Reader to view and print.
VIU Addenda to 2014-2015 Catalog
NOTE: The following addenda are modified in the softcopy of the catalog, available on the school website.
Deleted language is struck. New language is underlined.
- 08/22/2014 Correction on p. 67. Under “Program of Study” it should read “Baccalaureate Degree Programs” not “Bachelorette Degree Programs”
Program of Study NPL in credits MTF Allowed in credits* Undergraduate Certificate Programs 24 36 Graduate Certificate of Education
All Other Graduate Certificate Programs
Bachelorette Baccalaureate Degree Programs 120 180 Master of Education
All Other Master’s Degree Programs
- 08/22/2014 Correction on p. 252. Course title for COMM 110 should read, “Oral Communication Skills”
- 08/22/2014 Course prerequisites correction for CMP 570 on multiple pages.
CMP 570: Enterprise Information Systems(3)
Prerequisite: CMP 550 or CMP 556
Page # Course name New Prerequisite(s) p. 132
CMP 570 Enterprise Information Systems CMP 550 IT Infrastructure
CMP 556 Database Management Systems I
COMM 110: Oral Communications Skills (3) [Old code GEC 103]
This course provides the skills needed to prepare and deliver informative and persuasive speeches. Students will focus on adapting communication styles and content to diverse speakers and audiences. This course emphasizes how to compose meaningful and coherent messages; conduct research; and develop effective presentation skills. Students will be required to deliver several oral presentations in front of the class during the semester.