Student Support Representative - Front Desk and Bookstore
VIU is looking for two students to join our student staff as Front Desk and Bookstore Assistants at the Pender Campus for 10-20 hours per week. All current students may apply!
These positions will provide customer service to students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In the Bookstore, they will process book/cafe and other transactions for merchandise as well as perform data entry and record keeping of sales and inventory. At the Front Desk, they will greet and assist students, faculty, staff, and visitors who enter the building as well as answer the phone, assist the callers and transfer calls as needed. Marketing duties will be performed as well.
* Previous customer service experience preferred
* Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
* Strong customer service and team player skills
* Basic math skills to accurately provide change, reconcile cash drawer and balance reports
* Microsoft program computer experience
* Must have ability to lift/move books/supplies weighing up to 50 pounds
How to apply:
Apply through Nacelink with a cover letter and resume.
Salary Level: $8 per hour
Deadline to apply: April 19, 2013 (however see information below)
VIU only considers students in good standing for on-campus positions. Students must maintain a 3.0 or higher CGPA (if you are a first semester student your CGPA is not factored in) and must keep up to date on tuition payments (this applies to all students). While the positions may be listed until the deadline, interviews will be conducted as we receive and select qualified candidates to interview. Due to this, the positions may be filled prior to the deadline.