Student On-Campus Employment Opportunities
Student Support Representative - Teaching Assistant - School of Computer Information Systems
The School of Computer Information Systems is seeking a Teaching Assistant to help instructors by acting as a cross cultural resource and role model for students. The TA will assist with administrative and non-instructional support including putting the classroom in order, preparing course material, taking attendance and setting up audiovisual equipment. They will act as a liaison between the students and instructors, help with proctoring and grading exams and tutoring students as needed. They will also participate in course planning and preparation.
* Must be a full time graduate student in the School of Computer Information Systems with CGPA of at least 3.5.
* Must satisfy all incomplete grades at the time of appointment.
* Must demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English.
* Must have a strong background in the subject they will be assisting.
* Must show satisfactory progress of their degree requirements as per the Dean.
* Must have the ability to follow instructions as directed.
* Must be proficient in using a range of software applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
* Must have excellent tutoring and mentoring skills as well as good research and literature review skills.
* Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
Master of Science in Computer Science, Master of Science in Information Systems
Approximate Hours per Week: 20
How to apply: Apply through Nacelink with a cover letter and resume before the deadline. While the position may be listed until the deadline, interviews will be conducted as we receive and select qualified candidates to interview. Due to this, the position may be filled prior to the deadline.
Student Support Representative - Desktop Support
Our Information Technology Department is seeking a current student to provide installation and maintenance service of software application and troubleshoot desktop computers as required. This includes desktop computer support for the lab and classroom computers and assisting students and faculty with network and desktop computer issues.
• Knowledge of desktop computers and operating systems and how to trouble shoot issues
• Knowledge of LAN and WAN
• Ability to carry desktop computers and monitors (approximately 10 pounds)
Desired Program of Study:
BS in Computer Science
______________________________________________________________________________________Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. VIU only considers students in good standing for on-campus positions. Students must maintain a 3.0 or higher CGPA (if you are a first semester student your CGPA is not factored in) and must keep up to date on tuition payments (this applies to all students). You must be enrolled in an academic program and not ESL.
To apply for and view the positions, please visit the VIU Career Center Website. To apply, please upload your resume, cover letter and any other required documents before the deadline. While the positions may be listed until the deadline, interviews will be conducted as we receive and select qualified candidates to interview. Due to this, the positions may be filled prior to the deadline.
If you have any questions regarding the use of the VIU Career Center Website, please see Career Center Manager, Kathleen Covington, at the Student Center.