VIU Career Center was established to prepare VIU students for the professional challenges facing them after graduation. During their study at VIU, workshops are organized for professional development, tools are offered to find various opportunities and to practice interview skills, counseling is provided for career planning, and participation is encouraged in the community events for professional networking.
Career Services are available for students while studying as well as after graduation. Efforts are made to keep VIU alumni connected with the current students for mentoring. Many of the alumni in turn share professional opportunities for current students. Efforts are also made by the Career Center to create employer relations for enhancing internships and jobs availability for VIU students and alumni.
Career Center services:
- Résumé Cover letter review
- Professional counseling and resources
- Career Services Management (CSM) software to upload resume, and apply for jobs (currently USA based jobs in majority)
- Interview Stream software to practice professional interviews and get them evaluated
- Academic Internships/CPT; applications & guidance
Walk-in hours are available for students with quick career-related questions Monday through Friday between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M..