Dear VIU students,
VIU is proud to announce the launch of group study rooms in order to respond to your request and educational needs. Students will have the opportunity to book a classroom during available hours to concentrate on their academic work. Reservations can be made using following methods.
- In person at the Pender front desk
- By phone at 703-591-1844 ext.300
- By email at
Please be familiar with the following policies prior to booking a room.
Study Room Policies
- Study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Reservations must include: first and last names, number of students in a group, and phone number
- There is a maximum 2-hour reservation time limit per day. However, this time may be extended, if no other group has signed up for the next time slot or is waiting for the room.
- No member of a group may make more than one (1) reservation per day
- The person in charge of the reservation must submit his/her student ID when checking-in at the Front Desk/Bookstore and picked it up upon check-out.
- Students will forfeit their reservation if they do not arrive within 15 minutes after their scheduled time
- Electronic equipments may be used by abiding to the following conditions:
Reservation is subject to cancelation when conflicting with academic events. In this case, students will be notified by phone as soon as conflict occurs and advised for available alternate rooms.
Students should leave rooms in clean conditions
- No meddling with already plugged wires
- Computers and projectors should be switched off properly after use
- Personal computers may not be connected to the projector
Note: Study rooms will only be available during Pender and Commonwealth buildings’ hours of operation (M-F 8:00am-9:15pm, S 8:30am – 11:40am). Reservations made at the Pender Front Desk can be done so during regular hours.
We hope you will take advantage of these rooms and that they will be a great contribution to your studies at VIU.