Vital Source can provide a “Bookshelf” free e-textbook training course for VIU faculty.Vital Source Bookshelf is an eBook platform that allows you to access course materials whenever and wherever you choose–laptop, desktop or mobile device. You can download texts directly or access them via your browser.
If you are interested in a Bookshelf training course and would like to schedule a demo, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to engage students in the writing process, provide personalized feedback, and assess student progress over time.VIU faculty has access to the Turnitin. VIU uses Turnitin as a teaching tool to help students develop a range of skills such as critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, paraphrasing and summarizing, as well as citing and referencing.
Please visit www.turnitin.com website and you can find manuals and guides.
On the Turnitin website, you can find:
- Instructor quick start guide;
- Training videos
- Administrator training video
- Student training video
- Live expert training
- Manuals and guides
Pearson Educator Gallery
(Professional Development for Professionals)Pearson Educator Gallery is online faculty development that prepares instructors to better manage a host of classroom and online teaching situations.
- Flexible Delivery: This library of courses can be delivered in a short, self-paced format or through a facilitated online course. Your instructors can finish a course in a few hours, or over the course of a few weeks. It’s up to you!
- Developed by Professionals for Professionals: Pearson Educator Gallery teaches content experts to be educators. Courses designed and written by professional educators contain tips, theory, and real-world exercises to help instructors reach and teach students.
- Interactive and Thought-Provoking: The content in Pearson Educator Gallery is topical and conversational with plentiful examples and realistic classroom-based scenarios to illuminate concepts.
- Optional Discussion Questions: These content-related questions engage learners on a deeper intellectual level and help them apply course content on the job.
- Meaningful Assignments: Each lesson contains meaningful assignments that apply course content to the teaching experience. These assignments (Teach Like a Pro! or Journaling) can be optional to the Instructor or required by the institution.
Pearson Educator Gallery Content Libraries
These courses are arranged in content libraries categorized by high-level topic area. The growing list of libraries includes:
- Classroom Management Library (8 courses)
- Strategies for Assessment and Instruction Library (13 courses)
- Planning for Effective Teaching Library (3 courses)
- Learning Theory Library (4 courses)
- Professional Development Library (2 courses)
- Emotional Intelligence Library (5 courses)
- Online Instruction and Technology Library (8 courses)
To get more information regarding Pearson Faculty Development Training, please contact the Academic Affairs Department at email@example.com.
Cengage Learning (Professional Development Portal)
Explore this Cengage Learning site for professional development opportunities. Archived conferences, professional online development modules, as well as live and archived webinars are all available for continuing education units. Please visit the web site to get more information: http://www.cengage.com/us/