There are two types of withdrawals. Withdrawals from a course after the add/drop period, and withdrawals from the university. Please refer the type of withdrawals you are requesting for.
- Withdrawals after the Add/Drop Period A student who wishes to change his/her schedule by dropping a course may do so only during the add/drop period by filing a Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form. From the third week to the end of the tenth week of classes for the 15-week courses, or from the second week to the end of the fifth week of classes for the 8-week courses, students may withdraw only after obtaining the School Dean or academic advisor’s signature on the Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form. A grade of “W”, indicating official withdrawal, will be recorded on the student’s transcript.After a grade of “W” is issued, the course may be repeated once. The grade of “W” will not be assigned to any student who has taken the final exambination in the course. “W” grades are not calculated in the CGPA; however, they will be considered credits attempted if the student has incurred a financial obligation for the course. “W” grades affect the successful course completion percentage. A student who does not withdraw from a course before the deadline will receive a failing grade or a letter grade based upon his/her performance in the course. To withdraw from a course, the student must complete the relevant section of the Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form, obtain the School Dean’s signature, and submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office. Please follow the steps to withdraw from a course:
- Fill out a Course Add/Drop/Withdrawal Form
- See your academic advisor for an approval
- Submit the form to the Registrar’s Office, and then go to the Accounting Office
- Withdrawals from the University A student may withdraw from the University only when circumstances beyond the student’s control make it impossible for him or her to complete their coursework for the semester. A student wishing to withdraw from the University must complete the relevant section of the Institutional Withdrawal Form, obtain the School Dean’s signature, and submit the completed form to the Registrar’s Office. The student will receive a grade of “W” if he or she withdraws between the third and tenth week of the semester for 15-week courses, or between the second and fifth week of the session for 8-week courses. A student who does not withdraw from the University before the deadline will receive a failing grade or a letter grade based upon his/her performance in the course. The institutional refund policy is applied to determine if the institution is required to provide a refund to the student. Students who fail to register by the end of add/drop period are automatically considered to be officially withdrawn from the University. Please follow the steps to withdraw from the University:
- Fill out an Institutional Withdrawal Form
- See the relevant School Dean’s for their approvals
- Submit the form together with an exit survey to the Registrar’s Office
If you hold an F-1 visa, please make sure to consult with the International Student Advisors at the Village Dr. building. You may be required to submit additional documents.