If you cannot find an answer to your question on this page, please feel free to contact our Admissions Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1 (703) 591-7042 (press 2).
I want to study at VIU. How do I begin my application process?
For undergraduate, graduate, or intensive ESL programs, please follow these five easy steps in order to apply:
- Choose a program of study
- Create an online application account in the application portal
- Pay the application fee (non-refundable)
- Submit required documents
- Frequently check your application portal for updates regarding your application
For step-by-step instructions of how to fill out the online application and pay the application fee, please visit our Apply Now page. If you are interested in a continuing education program, please find more information on the separate application process here.
How do I pay the application fee?
The application fee can be paid by the following methods:
- Credit or debit card
- Wire transfer
- Money order
- Demand Drafts
Visit our Payment Information page for more information about payment methods. Please note that your application will not be processed until your payment has been received and processed.
How much is the application fee?
Our domestic application fee is $20. International students must provide an application fee of $100 due to I-20 processing and review.
NOTE: Please be informed that the application fee is non-refundable.
What are the required admissions documents?
The required admissions documents vary based on your program and international status. To learn more please visit the Admissions Requirements page.
How do I submit my application documents?
After your application fee is received and processed by our Accounting Office, you will be able to upload all of your supporting documents in the application portal. All of your documents must be original, in-color documents, uploaded only in PDF format; documents submitted in other formats will not be accepted.
Can I apply without proof of English language proficiency?
If you do not have English Proficiency scores, then do not worry. You can take Virginia International University’s Remote English Proficiency Test. To request this option, please email your Admissions Representative, or email@example.com, with your Application ID. Once you have paid the placement test fee, your Admissions Representative will assist to schedule your test.
Do I need to submit an official English language proficiency score?
English is the language of instruction at Virginia International University, and therefore international students need to provide proof of English language proficiency. For more information about the standardized tests that VIU accepts as proof of English language proficiency, please visit English Language Proficiency Requirements page.
If I want to bring my dependents, what do I need to do?
If you are an international student planning to bring your spouse or child with you to the US, you will be required to submit additional documents in the application portal including:
- For Spouse: Copy of spouse’s passport and copy of marriage certificate (certified translation in English)
- For Children: Copy of child’s passport and copy of child’s birth certificate (certified translation in English)
- Bank Statement covering one year of tuition and living expenses plus additional $4,000 for the first dependent and $2,000 for every additional dependent after that
I am an international student studying at another university in the US and want to transfer to VIU. What should I do?
- When you create your application, please select “SEVIS Transfer” as your initial status in the application portal.
- Submit the required documents along with SEVIS Transfer Eligibility Form. This form must be completed by your current university and uploaded in your application portal by you OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by your current institution directly.
- After you are accepted to VIU, a SEVIS transfer acceptance letter will be emailed to you.
Please see our Admissions Requirements page for further information.
I want to change my visa status to F-1. What are the procedures?
If you would like to request a change of visa status to F-1, you can specify that you would like to change your status to F1 within your International Student Agreement. Please visit our Change of Status page for further information. Or contact our office of International Student Services via email at email@example.com or by phone +1 (703)-591-7042 (press 4) during business hours from 9am-5pm EST, Monday-Friday.
I am holding an F-2 visa. Can I study at VIU?
If you are an F-2 visa holder, you can study part-time in any of our programs and earn a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or certificate. You can also choose to study online or on-campus. You will have to go through the general application process to gain admissions to VIU.
How can I check the status of my application?
You can check your application status at any time by logging into the application portal.
NOTE: Be sure to read the comments section for each document in the application portal.
How long will it take to receive an admissions decision?
The Admissions Office will review your documents within 7-14 business days after receiving the last correct document we require of you. After you are accepted, the Admissions Office will mail your I-20 and acceptance letter within 14 business days. Your SEVIS number and FedEx tracking details of your package will be sent to you via email at that time. You will be able to use that information to pay SEVIS fees and prepare for the visa interview.
What does the application status mean?
Applicant: Your application has been received and your application fee payment is being processed. After the application fee payment is processed by the Accounting Office, your status will be changed to Application File Open and you will be able to upload your required documents to the application portal.
Application File Open: Your application fee payment has been processed and you may begin uploading your documents. Please allow 7-14 business days for your documents to be reviewed.
Application Under Review: All of your documents have been reviewed and entered our final review stage. If all documents are complete-accepted, the final evaluation can be completed within 7-14 business days.
Accepted: Congratulations, you have been accepted to VIU! If you require an I-20, please allow up to 14 business days for it to be created and sent to you.
I-20 Sent: For international students only. Your I-20 has been mailed OR is ready for you to pick up, depending on which option you have selected. Please check your email for details.
SEVIS Transfer Pending: For international students already studying in the US who are transferring to VIU. Your SEVIS transfer acceptance letter has been emailed to you. Please follow the instructions to complete the transfer process.
Enrollment Pending: For non-international students only. You have been accepted, and we have emailed you an acceptance letter. You may begin your enrollment process.
Application Deferred: Your application has been moved to the next available semester from the semester you originally applied for.
Application Denied: Your application has been denied.
NOTE: Be sure to read the comments section for each document in the application portal.
What does the document status mean?
Missing: Your documents have not yet been received.
Denied: Your documents have been denied. See the ‘Comments’ for specific reasons why your documents were denied.
No Submission: Your documents have not been received and may not be required for your admissions.
Incomplete – Resubmit: Your documents were reviewed and need adjustments. See the ‘Comments’ for instructions and resubmit the documents for a reevaluation.
Received – Pending: Your documents have been received and will be reviewed. Check the ‘Comments’ section for more details.
NOTE: Do not upload the documents more than once as it may delay the document review process.
Complete – Accepted: Your documents have been reviewed and accepted.
Not Required: The documents are not required for your admissions.
After I am accepted, what should I do next?
International Students: After you are accepted to VIU, we will issue you an acceptance letter and an I-20. You will be notified by email when your I-20 is ready to be mailed or picked up. Your SEVIS number and FedEx tracking details of your package will be sent to you via email at that time. You will be able to use that information to pay SEVIS fees and prepare for the visa interview.
Domestic Students: After you are accepted to VIU, please stop by VIU in order to check in and register for classes.
How do I apply for an F-1 visa?
International applicants admitted into a residential program at VIU will receive an acceptance letter and an I-20 which will be required to secure a visa interview at the US Embassy. Your SEVIS number will be sent to you via email and you will be able to use that information to book an appointment for your visa interview. Please consult your local embassy or consulate for further information and documents required.
What do I do after I receive my F-1 visa?
Please notify VIU immediately following your visa interview regarding the status of your visa (either approved or denied). You may enter the US no earlier than 30 days prior to the first day of your classes.
When should I start looking for accommodation?
What should I do if my visa application is denied?
Do not get discouraged! There are two things you can do:
- Defer your admissions to the next available semester and secure a second visa interview at the US Embassy.
- Enroll in VIU’s School of Online Education. All of our degree programs are offered online. You can either finish the degree online, or you can enroll in online classes while waiting to re-interview for the visa. This would not only allow you to get started on your degree and earn course credits, but will also show the embassy that you are serious about your education. To learn more about VIU’s School of Online Education, please visit our website at https://www.viu.edu/online.
How do I defer my application to the next available semester?
Please follow the deferral instructions below:
- Log in to the application portal
- Click “Defer/Reopen Application” (on the left side of the screen)
- Select the semester that you would like to defer to
- Click “Update My Application”
- Pay the Deferral Request Fee online, if applicable
- Upload additional required documents
If you need further assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the check in process?
New students must visit our campus to complete the check-in process two week prior to the beginning of classes. This process must be completed in order to register for classes with an academic advisor.
- Check in with an admissions officer
- Meet your academic advisor
- Register for classes
- Pay for tuition and fees
What documents do I need to bring to check in?
- All application documents (original documents of those used during the admissions process)
- F-1 visa entry stamp
- I-20 with your signature in blue ink
- Previous I-20(s) (Transfer-in students ONLY)
- Acceptance letter from VIU and per-requisite letter (if applicable)
If I have to take an English placement test, who can schedule a test for me?
Please visit our Admissions office to schedule an appointment for English Placement Test. The test must be taken prior to check-in and course registration. The Placement Test Fee is $30 and must be paid before the test can be scheduled.
How do I enroll in Virginia International University?
Class registration for new students can only be completed after the check-in process. You must be on campus to enroll and register for classes. As a new student, you are required to register for classes prior to the first day of the semester for which you are admitted.
When will I pay the tuition and fees?
The tuition and fee payment must be made after you register for classes. Please visit our Tuition and Fees Payment page for more information. Semester/session payments are due in full one week before the first day of classes (see the Academic Calendar), unless you have been approved for a payment plan.
NOTE: Students are eligible for payment plan after they finish one academic semester at VIU.
If I want to request an evaluation of prerequisites, what are the procedures?
Prerequisite Evaluation Request:
- Download the Prerequisite Evaluation Request Form.
- Read the directions carefully and fill out the form completely.
- Submit the form along with the color copies of the required original documents to the Registrar’s Office; you can find the list of required documents from directions on the form.
- Students will be notified of the results by email after submission of their completed documents.
NOTE: No more than one prerequisite evaluation request per semester is permitted.
If I want to request an evaluation of prerequisites or change of my program of study, what are the procedures?
Change of Program: If you wish to change your program of study, please follow the steps below:
- Carefully complete the Change of Program Form.
- Get signatures from the dean of both your current and new schools for approval.
- Pay $100 Change of Program Fee.
- Submit the form to the Admissions Office.
NOTE: No more than one change per semester for both program and concentration/specialization is permitted. No more than two changes per student for program and concentration/specialization is permitted.