Voice From the Field
Fairfax University of America (FXUA)’s School of Education continued its Voices from the Field speaker series in January 2014 with a panel discussion entitled “Positioning Yourself for Employment Opportunities in Education.”
The event took place on January 23, 2014 from 2:00pm to 3:00pm at the Waples Conference Room located at 11200 Waples Mill Road in Fairfax, VA 22030.
The distinguished panelists included Dr. Sigrun Biesenbach-Lucas, Dr. Ana-María Nuevo, and Dr. Luis Cerezo, all of whom have extensive experience serving on search committees for positions in the field of education. They shared practical advice and fielded questions on the following topics and more:
- Application and hiring processes in various types of education programs
- Search committees’ expectations of candidates
- Common pitfalls that otherwise strong applicants might fall into
- Their own journeys and experiences on their way to their current positions
- Participants left the session in a much stronger and better informed position to pursue their own careers as education professionals.
Voices from the Field events are open to all FXUA students as well as members of the surrounding community.
To learn more about participating in Voices from the Field, please contact Mr. Kevin Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org, follow us on social media @SEDatFXUA and @TESOLFXUA, and visit the School of Education’s website at www.viu.edu/sed.