PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- The PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) ® formally recognizes your knowledge of agile principles and your skill with agile techniques. An Agile certified practitioner has the knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall practices and is able to lead teams on Agile projects. By holding this Agile Practitioner Certification, a practitioner verifies their agile expertise to companies looking to adopt the agile methodology. It will make you shine even brighter to your employers, stakeholders and peers.
- Agile project management is a value-driven approach that allows Project Managers to deliver high-priority, high-quality work. Agile Project Management is about embracing change, even late in the development stage. It is about delivering the features with the greatest business value first, and having the real-time information to tightly manage cost, time and scope. Agile project management allows Project Managers to hit key milestones and provide executives with fast, accurate project status even when the deliverable is a moving target.
- The PMI-ACP® is our fastest growing certification, and it’s no wonder. Organizations that are highly agile and responsive to market dynamics complete more of their projects successfully than their slower-moving counterparts.
- 2,000 hours of general project experience working on teams. A current PMP® or PgMP® will satisfy this requirement but is not required to apply for the PMI-ACP.
- 1,500 hours working on agile project teams or with agile methodologies. This requirement is in addition to the 2,000 hours of general project experience.
- 21 contact hours of training in agile practices.
VIU cannot guarantee an individual’s course or Certification Exam success as it depends on the individual’s focus and effort per their participation and exam preparation. VIU will offer coaching services after each failed Certification Exam attempt up to two times for a third attempt without additional fee.