A Professional Scrum Master® (PSM) helps project teams properly use Scrum, increasing the likelihood of the project’s overall success. PSMs understand Scrum values, practices, and applications and provide a level of knowledge and expertise above and beyond that of typical project managers. PSMs act as “servant leaders,” helping the rest of the Scrum team work together and learn the Scrum framework. PSMs also protect the team from both internal and external distractions.
Dr. Saya Sone, Ph.D., PMP, PMI-ACP, Enterprise Agile Coach, SAFe SPC
4401 Village Drive,
Fairfax, VA 22030
What you will get from our Certified Scrum Master
- 2-day Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster (PSM) course earns 14 PDUs with the PMI towards PMP®/PgMP® and PMI-ACP℠ certifications
- Fully catered lunches!
- 2-year membership in the Scrum Alliance ($50 value)
The PSM Course is a 2-day class from 9AM-5PM, a light breakfast is served at 8:30AM and Lunch is provided mid-day.
What is included
- 2 Day PSM In-person Course
- Includes a light breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack provided on both days of training
- Includes Exam Fee for PSM Certification (2 attempts towards the PSM exam)
- 2 Year Membership to Scrum Alliance
- General Knowledge
- Agile Manifesto
- Scrum Foundations
- Scrum compared to Waterfall
- Significance of “Done”
- Scrum compared to Waterfall
- Scrum Values
- Applicability of Scrum
- Scrum Roles
- Overview of Scrum Roles
- ScrumMaster: Responsibilities & Authority
- Product Owner: Responsibilities, Authority, Constraints…etc.
- Product Owner: The Team: Responsibilities, Authority, Teamwork & Characteristics.
- Impact on Traditional Roles.
- Scrum Meetings
- Sprint Planning Meeting
- Daily Scrum Meeting
- Sprint Review Meeting
- Sprint Retrospective Meeting
- Release Planning Meeting
- Scrum Artifacts
- Product Backlog
- Product Increment and the Definition of Done
- Sprint Backlog
- Burndown Charts
- ScrumMaster Responsibilities and Skills
- Scrum Simulation
- Class Retrospective
There is no required prior certificate, educational background, or work experience needed to participate in the PSM course, complete the exam, and receive certification. The Certified Scrum Master course is designed to introduce you to the basics of Scrum, and as such all backgrounds are welcome to join and achieve Scrum Master Certification
The PSM exam is administered online and sent via email after attendance is recorded and reported by your Scrum Alliance Instructor. The link is sent 24-48 hours after class concludes. You have 90-day access to take the exam and 2 attempts towards passing. The exam is in multiple choice format.
All cancellations or date changes must be made at least 10 days prior to the course start date or will be subject to a $150 late-move/cancellation fee. No-shows or same day move/cancellations are non-refundable.
By attending the 2 day PSM course you will earn 14 PDU/SEU that can be applied towards further educational goals. To claim credits a code is provided at the end of the PSM course book.
VIU cannot guarantee an individual’s course or Certification Exam success as it depends on the individual’s focus and effort per their participation and exam preparation. VIU will offer coaching services after each failed Certification Exam attempt up to two times for a third attempt without additional fee.