SAFe for Teams with Scaled Agilist (SA) Certification®
Empowering teams to deliver value in the SAFe enterprise with SAFe® 4.5. Practitioner Certification Based on version 4.5 of SAFe.
Dr. Saya Sone, Ph.D., PMP, PMI-ACP, Enterprise Agile Coach, SAFe SPC
4401 Village Drive,
Fairfax, VA 22030
What you will get from this course?
- In this two-day course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise Agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, and its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development flow.
- You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
- You will also learn how to write stories and break down features, plan and execute iterations, and plan Program Increments.
- Finally, you’ll learn about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 4.5 Agilist (SA) Learning Goals to perform the role of a SAFe® Agilist, you should be able to:
- Apply lean, agile and product development flow principles to improve productivity, employee engagement, time to market, and quality.
- Apply the Scaled Agile Framework based on lecture, real-world examples, and insights by Scaled Agile experts who are currently “in the trenches.” This course will be organically tailored to the participants’ needs while adhering to the course module.
- Understand the skills necessary for an enterprise transformation based on the information and examples presented, and additional recommended readings and resources.
- Gain in the insights into the leadership skill most effective in unlocking the intrinsic motivation of software development knowledge workers, and begin applying them in your context. What You Get The class registration includes:
Learners will gain a solid understanding of key SAFe™ concepts:
- Introduction to SAFe™
- Introduction to the Scaled Agile Framework™
- Lean Thinking: An overview of Lean Software Development and Product Development Flow.
- Agile Development: Application of Agile development in the enterprise context, as well as Business Benefits.
- SAFe™ ScrumXP: An experiential walkthrough of “SAFe ScrumXP”, focusing on scalable technical, project management and economic prioritization practices that enable scaling to the program and portfolio level.
- Agile Release: Train Identification, implementation and execution of Agile Release Trains — long-lived programs whereby teams-of-agile-teams optimize quality and velocity delivery for the enterprises larger value streams.
- Agile Portfolio Management: Agile transformational patterns for Strategy and Investment Funding, Program Management, and Governance.
- Agile Architecture: Principles of Agile Architecture, role of System and Enterprise Architects, and Architecting with Flow.
- Scaling Leadership: Scaling Enterprise Lean | Agile leadership.
Annual Renewal Membership renewals are one year from the date certification is earned.
Renewal fee: $100
The first step toward becoming a SAFe Certified Professional is to attend the SAFe 4.5 Agilist course. This is a requirement, because attending the course provides access to all the study materials and the exam. Note that attending the course does not guarantee passing the exam.
- Exam Details Click here to access exam information for SAFe 4.5 for Teams
- Exam name – SAFe 4.5 Agilist Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (78% passing score)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Exam Study Materials
The exam is designed to measure knowledge and skill related to the job role. We highly recommend candidates use a variety of resources to prepare for this exam including:
- Course materials – The course materials are an essential artifact from the course and can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer back to the content that was presented during the class.
- Study guide – This comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon course completion.
- Practice test – The practice test is designed to be predictive of success on the certification exam* and it has the same number of questions, level of difficulty, and time duration. It is part of the Learning Plan in the SAFe Community Platform and can be taken an unlimited number of times at no cost. *This is not the actual exam, and passing it does not guarantee success on the certification exam.
- Sample test – Download questions
What You Get Becoming a SAFe 4.5 Agilist requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 4.5 Agilst digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe Journey Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs) Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
All cancellations or date changes must be made at least 10 days prior to the course start date or will be subject to a $150 late-move/cancellation fee. No-shows or same day move/cancellations are non-refundable.
VIU cannot guarantee an individual’s course or Certification Exam success as it depends on the individual’s focus and effort per their participation and exam preparation. VIU will offer coaching services after each failed Certification Exam attempt up to two times for a third attempt without additional fee.