The mission of the STEM Institute is to promote and organize service, educational and research initiatives in the STEM fields in order to foster high-quality, innovative STEM education and research in the local and global community.
The goals of the STEM Institute are to:
- Serve as an engine and forum for STEM educational, networking and training events.
- Foster the development of a community of STEM enthusiasts by emulating an environment that allows students, faculty, industry experts and community stakeholders to interact and engage in various multidisciplinary educational and scholarly activities and events.
- Develop and implement partnerships and collaboration among various institutions such as colleges, universities, high and middle schools, industry, non-profit organizations to encourage innovation and technology transfer and interest in the STEM fields.
- Promote involvement in research within STEM disciplines and support participation and presentations at local, regional, national, and international scientific meetings or competitions.
Events and Activities
- International Conference on Computing and Technology held every Fall at FXUA.
- Distinguished Speakers Series.
- Boot camps for middle/high school students and professionals.
- Human-Centric Data Science Group.