1. VIU is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award certificates, bachelor’s degrees, and master’s degrees.
2. VIU’s accreditation through ACICS has automatically entitled VIU to be recognized the Council for Higher EducationAccreditation (CHEA).
3. VIU is certified to operate in Virginia by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).
4. VIU has been authorized to offer Federal Student Aid to those who qualify by the US Department of Education.
5. VIU’s 7-Week Intensive English as a Second Language Program is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA).