The IELTS preparation course gives students all the tools they need to succeed on the IELTS test. The course provides a wealth of practice for all sections of the IELTS test:
- Reading: Practice the different test question types, including descriptive passages, locating and matching, discursive passages, general training reading, determining vocabulary from context, and paraphrasing
- Listening: Develop essential listening and note-taking skills to enable you to answer questions based on authentic informal conversations in an academic setting and academic lectures.
- Speaking: Learn specific skills to successfully respond to personal opinion or experience questions and questions that integrate speaking, listening, and reading skills.
- Writing: Strengthen grammar and writing skills to generate ideas, organize, and develop your topic for IELTS essays and describing and/or contrasting diagrams, maps, graphs, and tables.
- Vocabulary:Expand your academic vocabulary to increase understanding of IELTS test materials.
Other benefits of the program include diagnostic pre-tests and post-tests that allow students to identify strengths and weaknesses and assess improvement in each section; mini-tests that preview the test’s integrated four-skill format; and complete practice tests which familiarize students with the actual formatting and timing of the test.
|Course Dates and Times|
|Session||Program Dates||Days||Start Time||End Time|
|Fall 2017||August 28 – November 16||Mondays and Wednesdays||7:00 PM||9:30 PM|
|Spring 2018||January 22 – April 11||Mondays and Wednesdays||7:00 PM||9:30 PM|
|Summer 2018||May 7 – July 25||Mondays and Wednesdays||7:00 PM||9:30 PM|
|Fall 2018||August 27 – November 14||Mondays and Wednesdays||7:00 PM||9:30 PM|
Application fee: $20
Additional Materials costs: $15—$20